Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Book I Would Rather Not Live Without

Nearly a year after our son was diagnosed, we still felt like we were floundering when it came to treatment. He was going to special ED preschool and we were trying to have him on a healthy diet that avoided preservatives and food colorings, but other than that we were at a loss because it was obvious that he was still suffering from physical symptoms.
I sent out a big cry for help in the wonderful ETSY for autism street team. I thought that with all those parents there someone would have some ideas. Julie came to my rescue by recommending "Changing the Course of Autism" by Dr. Bryan Jepson. It is an excellent synopsis of all the current research and treatments. I have lived with autism in my family since I was 12 when my baby brother was born and this book explained to me so many things I never really understood before.


Photobucket

This book caused us to seek out a doctor for our son that participates in the DAN! (Defeat Autism Now!) program. Our son is so much healthier and communicates with us so much more and we have only been doing the program since July. Thank you DAN! and Thank you Julie!

I ordered my copy on half.com
Amazon.com is also a great ordering option if you are unfamiliar with half.com

Visit DAN! website: www.defeatautismnow.com click on "find a clinician" to find a DAN! doctor in your area.

Visit Julie's daughter's website: www.siobhansdream.com

No comments: